The International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) has selected interior design icon Libby Langdon as the keynote speaker for its 26th annual Pinnacle Awards next month.
Known as the creative force behind the New York City-based design firm Libby Langdon Interiors, Langdon also travels the country presenting her home décor seminars about all things design to consumers, design professionals and retailers. She is famous for her “Easy, Elegant, Everyday Style,” as well as her licensed home furnishings collections, including lighting for Crystorama, rugs for KAS, artwork for Paragon, a complete home collection of upholstery and case goods for Fairfield Chair, and accessories for A&B Home.
Winners from 20 design categories will be revealed during the award ceremony on Monday, Oct. 24 at the Nido and Mariana Qubein Arena and Conference Center on the campus of High Point University. Tickets are available by visiting the Pinnacle Awards Gala website.
The industry authorities who served as this year’s judges were tasked with reviewing the Pinnacle Awards entries and selecting the best from each of 20 home furnishings categories. The 2022 judges are:
- Andrea Banda, Vice President of Merchandising, Rooms To Go
- Michelle Castagna, IFDA Florida Chapter President
- Scott Coley, Independent Product Designer and ISFD Board Member
- Diane Falvey, Editor in Chief, Furniture, Lighting & Décor
- Susan Inglis, Resident Expert & Educator-in-chief, Sustainable Furnishings Council
- Andrea Lillo, Executive Editor, Designers Today
- Lewis Mabon, Independent Product Designer and ISFD Board Member
- Kristen Moonjian, Director of Home Interiors + Design, Fashion Snoops
- Jennifer Nutt, Rooms To Go
- Chris Rayle, VP Case Goods Product Development, Rooms To Go
- Katherine Shoaf, Director of Merchandising and Sales, Radiate Textiles
- Julie Talbert, Merchandiser Stylist, P/Kaufmann
- Marcia Weiss, Director of the Fashion & Textiles Future Center, Director of Textiles Future Center, Director of the Textile Design Programs and the Harold Neuman Textile Design Chair at Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University
Editor-in-Chief Allison Zisko first joined HFN in 1998 and spent many years covering the tabletop category before widening her scope to all home furnishings. In her current role, she oversees all aspects of HFN, including its print and digital products, and represents the brand at home and abroad through presentations, panel discussions and HFN’s podcast, The Inside Scoop.